About Drew Harden
Author, speaker and CEO & Founder of Blue Compass, Drew Harden inspires and equips leaders to create workplaces where people experience joy and growth.
Drew is a dedicated and dynamic leader who has made it his mission to help companies build better cultures that foster engagement, productivity, and growth.
An Optimistic Leader
As the CEO of Blue Compass, one of the Midwest's leading digital marketing companies, Drew has over 15 years of direct experience crafting an award-winning culture that supports and retains great team members.
Drew's leadership style is characterized by his boundless energy, positivity and commitment to putting his team first. He believes that happy, engaged team members are the key to a successful business, and he has made it his mission to create a culture at Blue Compass that reflects this belief.
To this end, Drew is known for his creative, fun surprises that show appreciation to his team.
At Blue Compass, Drew has overseen the company's growth from a two-person start-up in 2007 to a thriving business with dozens of team members. Under his leadership, Blue Compass has become one of the most respected digital marketing companies in the Midwest, known for its innovative solutions and exceptional customer service.
Drew's commitment to his team and his passion for building better cultures has made him a beloved leader and mentor to many. Whether he's speaking to a room of executives or working one-on-one with a client, Drew's commitment to creating positive change in the workplace is unwavering.
An Inspirational Speaker
Drew's expertise in company culture has made him a sought-after speaker and consultant. He regularly speaks at conferences around the country, sharing his insights on developing leaders and improving culture. His background in digital marketing also makes him a very unique speaker on topics like Google and search engine optimization (SEO).
Drew is frequently interviewed on podcasts and in the media. He has been cited by publications like USA Today and PR news.
Sharing Expertise as an Author and Content Creator
Drew is an author of business-focused books, including RETAIN: How to Create an Incredible Company Culture that No One Wants to Leave. He's also an author of regular articles on his personal blog and the Blue Compass blog.
Drew creates frequent videos on leadership and workplace culture on his YouTube channel.
Drew's Personal Life
Drew’s favorite role is that of a husband and father. He lives in Des Moines, Iowa, with his wife Melíssa, their two boys, Ethan and Chase, and their two huskies, Zion and Knight.
Drew has a passion for faith, family and freedom. In his free time, Drew is a runner, reader and painter.
Fascinating Facts About Drew Harden:
- When Drew was in kindergarten he wanted to be an elephant trainer. In elementary school, an artist. In high school, an animator.
- Drew's great uncle and aunt (Wayne Allwine and Russi Taylor) were the voices of Mickey and Minnie Mouse
- Drew's dad is Iowa radio legend Van Harden
- Drew quit his job and started Blue Compass three of years out of college, going from an intern to company President in three years
- Drew's first real job was working at a dry cleaner
- Drew spent much of his early career doing character animation
- Drew can draw just as well with an Etch A Sketch as he can with a pen
- Drew loves every food except one: salt and vinegar chips
- A huge fan of positive thinking and motivation, Drew's favorite thought leaders are Zig Ziglar, Brian Tracy, Jim Rohn, and Simon Sinek
- Drew reads around 30 books each year - all non-fiction
- Drew's actual first name is Andrew
- Drew's all-time favorite video game is The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
- Drew's favorite movie is Raiders of the Lost Ark